- Use of R290 for Heat Pumps Expanding in Europe
In Europe, demand for rotary compressors using propane (R290) refrigerant is expanding. There are several contributing factors for this increase such as growing demand for heat pump applications such as washer dryers and air-to-water (ATW) heat pumps. Refrigerant trends in Europe tend to impact other parts of the world such as China. It is important to keep an eye on R290 rotary compressor trends in order to monitor potential expansion of the applications of this type of compressor. More.
- Emerson Expanding Its Presence with Solution-oriented Business: During the China Refrigeration Expo (CRH) held in April in Shanghai, JARN interviewed Robert T. Sharp, executive president, Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions, to hear about Emerson’s business performance, strategy, new products, and so on. More…
- China Refrigeration Expo 2019 (CRH 2019),CRH 2019 was held from April 9 to 11, at Shanghai New International Expo Centre. All key HVAC&R manufacturers shone at the exhibition, displaying their core technologies and products, which applied cutting edge technologies and offered stylish products. Next year, for the first time, CRH Expo will be held in Wuhan, a central Chinese city, where it is expected that more HVAC&R equipment controlled by AIoT technologies will be showcased. More…
- Low-GWP R454C Refrigerant Highlighted —MHI Develops RAC Demonstration Model
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Thermal Systems, a subsidiary of Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI), has developed the world’s first demonstration model of a small air conditioner in the 1-hp class that uses R454C refrigerant, which has a very low global warming potential (GWP). R454C is a blend of R32 and R1234yf refrigerants, with zero ozone depletion potential (ODP) and a GWP of 146. More…
- Indian AC Industry Hoping for Double Digit Growth This Year
Air conditioner manufacturers in India are quite optimistic about the industry’s growth prospects this year. After two years of slowdown, early sales in the summer of 2019 point towards a revival of the industry’s fortunes. The industry also expects a shift towards higher-technology and power-efficient models, with inverter air conditioners poised for a higher share of the market. The weather department has predicted a slight rise in the average summer temperatures. While this will push the market up, the manufacturers are also trying to create a pull through easy finance and longer warranties. More…
- Visit new eJARN now!eJARN offers a full range of up-to-date articles on HVAC&R news from around the world.
eJARN members can access JARN’s complete archive of past articles.
For subscription to JARN and/or eJARN, contact us at ( firstname.lastname@example.org ).
JARN periodically sends the JARN newsletter to people in the HVAC&R industry as a complimentary service.
If you don’t wish to receive this newsletter, please contact ( email@example.com ):
All questions and comments are appreciated: ( firstname.lastname@example.org ):
JARN Headline News is published in English, Chinese, Japanese, German, Spanish and Russian.
Yokozeki Bldg., 2-10-3 Akasaka, Minato-ku, Tokyo, 107-0052 Japan.
TEL: +81-3-3584-4704 FAX +81-3-3584-4708
Copyright c 2018 JARN Ltd. All Rights Reserved